As the number of WhatsApp users continues to grow, more than ever, users are constantly searching the web for tips, tricks, and hacks to improve their experiences. Of all the tips that most people seem to be quite interested in, privacy settings seem to stand out more than others. Unfortunately for privacy lovers, when they are online, their online and typing status activity can be seen by their contacts. Although there is no official way of getting past this, there are a few simps tricks you can apply to solve this.
If you are using the original WhatsApp version and not the knock-off’s like WhatsApp GB or WhatsAppFm, you would need to go through this process to be able to hide your online activity.
- Before opening WhatsApp messenger, make sure you switch off your internet connectivity (Mobile Data or Wi-Fi) or just turn on Airplane mode.
- After turning off your internet connection, open WhatsApp messenger and visit the chat you want to respond to, either your workgroup or one of your contacts and then send the message and exit WhatsApp.
- Once you are done with this, you turn your internet connection back and your messages will deliver to the recipient without them noticing that you are typing. And the amazing thing is, your last seen remains unchanged.
Please note that some might find this a little bit tedious if so, check out the next tip.
Since there is no official feature which allows users to hide their online and typing status, you can easily do this on the knock-off version, WhatsApp GB. Download the application in the link below. Once you download and install the application, follow the steps below.
- Once installed, open GBWhatsApp and verify your WhatsApp account. If everything went well, you will see your WhatsApp account.
- Visit the WhatsApp Menu by tapping the three dots on the right corner and tap Privacy.
- Under that, tap the Writing Status and select the desired.
- Choose Hide for contacts if you want to hide typing status for personal messages or choose Hide for the group if you want to hide your typing status from WhatsApp groups.